How do I view changes to my live app?
When making changes to your live app, you'll need to make sure you've initiated the Republish process found at the top of your builder:
You'll receive an acknowledgment that your updates have been published to the live app:
Once you have republished the app in the builder, please wait 15-30 minutes for the server to process your republish.
When you open the app on your phone, you can go back to your home screen, or close the app and then open it again.
Next time you open it, it will download new content, but it may take some time – eg. some 20 seconds. If the app is put to the background during content download, it will not be able to download it completely, and the download sequence will start again next time app the app is opened.
As soon as spinner stops spinning, the popup to download new content will appear. If you put the app to background before the spinner stops spinning, content download may break and app will have to start the download sequence again next time it is up so, if you do not wait at least 20 seconds, it may appear like it is required to put the app to background for several times.
When the pop-up window is displayed in your app, it will display the following message: New content is available in the app, would you like to load it now?. If you click Yes, your app will update new content in the background, and if you click Later pop-up window will be displayed on next app launch.
In regular app usage, the user will usually see the content download popup because he will be most likely using the app for more than 20 seconds before closing it which should be enough for a popup to appear.
If you delete the app and install it on the phone, you will, at first, see the configuration that app is built with so you have to put the app to sleep, open it and wait for download popup appear and confirm.
In rare cases, if your app is not showing this pop-up window, you'll need to manually restart the app.
- When on the device's home screen, double-tap the Home button or swipe from the bottom of the device up (on iPhone X and up devices).
- This will bring up a list of apps running in the device's background. Find the app you've made changes to.
- Swipe up to close the app.
- Find your app on the home screen, and tap it again to open it up
- You should see your changes appear.
- Visit the Manage Apps option.
- Select the app you wish to restart
- Select the Force Stop option.
- Confirm the cessation of the app by selecting OK