Get your app to the massesNow that your content is in, and your design elements are added, it's time to test and finish your app.
Testing your app
Before publishing your app, it's important to thoroughly test the content and design you've added. To aid you in this process, ShoutEm offers a mobile test-bed, Mobilizer. This app is available for the iPhone, iTouch and iPad devices using iOS version 4.0 or greater and for Android devices.
- Download Mobilizer on iTunes
- Download Mobilizer on Google Play
After downloading and installing Mobilizer on your device, start the app and log in with your ShoutEm account credentials. If you haven't signed up for your account yet, you may do so here.
The Publish info tab is where you enter the information necessary to publish your app with the iTunes and Google Play stores. It's critical to have the Developer info section below as complete as possible, to ensure timely delivery during the publishing process.
- App Name - This is the name of your app ass it appears under your "App Icon" on the device homescreen. This name is limited to 12 characters, as any additional characters cause the app name to truncate, or add ellipses (...).
- App Title - This is the name of your app as it appears in the stores. Google Play (Android) only allows 30 characters in the store title.
- Description - The description should serve two purposes, to explain the purpose of your app, as well as detail the features you've included in the app. A paragraph on each is recommended.
- Screenshots - Screenshots of your application that will be visible in the iTunes store
- Keywords - Key phrases users can search for when they're looking for your app in the stores.
Under Android tab in Publish info, you will need to add also these inforamtion
- Feature graphic - The feature graphic is displayed at the top of your Store Listing page in the Play Store app, dimensions: 1024px by 500px
- Short description - Previously labeled Promo Text on your app’s Store Listing page, is the first descriptive text potential users will see when looking at your app’s Store Listing from the Play Store app. The Short Description field is limited to 80 characters, though tapping the text will reveal your app’s Full Description
- Full description - Long and full description of your app
To allow your app in their stores, Apple and Google Play require that app-builders have developer accounts to make the publishing process official.
Apple - A paid iOS Developer account is required by Apple to release your app in the iTunes store. ShoutEm is unable to provide an account for you. This is a $99 per year service. Sign up here if you intend on publishing to the iTunes store.
- Walkthrough of the iOS developer account sign-up
Google Play / Android - Unlike the iOS developer situation, you can utilize ShoutEm's Google Play account, but it will be under "ShoutEm Inc". Select the following to release under our account.
A paid Google Play developer account is necessary if you wish to release your app in the Play store under your own name. Sign up here if you wish to have your Android app under your name, and add ShoutEm to your Google Play account as an admin.
You are welcome to charge whatever you'd like for your app in the stores. We give you the option to set a price before you initiate the publishing process. All paid app transactions are between yourself and the store, and ShoutEm takes no percentage of this income.
All paid apps require contractual agreements with Apple and Google Play, as well as the exchange of bank account information. Be prepared to provide this information before they allow your paid app in the stores. As a note, you cannot begin with a free app and move it to a paid app later. All paid apps must start paid.
You're Ready to Publish!
If you're confident in your final product, it's time to get the app to ShoutEm so we can build and test your app. You can initiate this process by selecting the yellow Publish button.
If you're already signed-up, you'll be brought to the payment page. If not, you'll be given the option to associate your latest creation with your new account. After you've entered your email address and new password, you'll be able to continue with the publishing process as well.
- How long before my app will appear in stores?
If you have any questions in the future, you can always contact us, or visit our support center for additional tips and answers.
Congrats! We hope you enjoy your new app, and appreciate you choosing ShoutEm to bring your idea to life.