Make your app stand out!
Creating the look and feel of your app is one of the most rewarding parts of the app making process. ShoutEm offers several design-related tools to make your app unique.
The Design tab is divided into three different areas:
- Visuals - Image files to create your app's identity
- Home Screen - Icon layout, icon colors and custom upload options
- Colors - Modify your app's colors based on the section
VisualsThis area is where you bring in your design elements such as backgrounds and publish-related icons. Uploaded images should optimally be in PNG file format, although most major image types are accepted, and sized to accomodate increased resolution displays.
The following elements can be added:
- Application Icon - This is your main application icon, which appears on the device's homescreen.
- iTunes Artwork - A larger icon-type image which appears next to your app in the stores.
- Launch Image - This image displays for a few seconds on the initial load of your app.
- Home Image - This is your main background image, designed with icon placement in mind.
- Navigation Bar Logo - This image appears at the top of the app when viewing content
- Brand Color - Choose the overriding color of your app, based on your brand or personal preference.
This area lets you modify different icon elements, which are visible on the app's homescreen. Choose from multiple or single-row layouts, set an icon color scheme or add your own icons.
- Layout - Icons can be arranged in different patterns on the homescreen to allow you to work with the design you have in mind. Icon layouts that are 3x are typically a bit larger, whereas the 4x and 5x options display the icons smaller to accomodate more design space above.
- Buttons - Control the color of the icon itself, provided it's not a custom image, as well as changing the text color under the icon. You can also choose to disable/enable the icon text.
- Icon Set - ShoutEm offers three icon sets to choose from. Monochrome and Flat icons allow you to change the color, as seen above in Buttons. The Color option offers some additional vivid image options. Only one icon set can be selected at a time, but you're free to add your own icons with the next option.
- My Icons - You're free to create or buy your own icon sets to use with your app. This area provides the upload dialogue to do so. All custom icons should be 110 x 110px.
Our color skinning feature allows you to color your content sections differently, which serves to add another level of flexibility in the overall look of your app. This feature also controls text, button and comment box coloring.
See the layout below to learn which box corresponds with which setting.